An Open Letter Series: To Prayer Warriors

So, when I looked through my blog posts the other day, I noticed that I have never done a series. In that moment, an idea occurred to me to change that, and I want to see how it goes. However, I will ask that you bare with me through this series as I am a college student, and I function on very little sleep. I will get to it when I get to it and that is that.

Here is my idea: I want to write a series of open letters to people or groups of people who have impacted my life in some way, whether good or bad. I am constantly learning new lessons through my experiences with people, and I would love the chance to sort through my thoughts and write them down. 

The first letter is to prayer warriors.  

I run into you everyday, whether its at school or somewhere else entirely. I smile, and you smile back,.. and you see me. 

You are the person who prays a simple flash prayer and talks to God in a moment of time. You are the person who writes requests on your hands so that you remember to pray throughout the day. You are the person who listens to those who need an ear, and follows through with a quick prayer over the struggles that you recognize they are facing. You set alarms on your phone to remember certain prayer needs, and you whisper to God as you console a distressed friend. 

Regardless of your method, you are needed, and you are appreciated. 

One of the most difficult things for me to learn is how to be a good prayer warrior, and I learn from you. I have been so blessed to know so many of you, and your methods stay with me. You see me, and I see you. I am so thankful for you. Just know that. 

I see where you have impacted my life, and I am learning from you. I find myself praying for others in the same way that you have prayed for me. Galatians 6:2 says that we are to share in each other's burdens, and you have shown me how to do that. You have taught me how to live in relationship with others as God meant for me to do. I cannot thank you enough for that. You are so inspiring. I want to encourage you in that and let you know that your actions do not go unnoticed. 

If you have prayed for me, thank you. Know that I am praying for you too.You are needed, and you are loved. 

This first letter is short because I have a lot to get done tonight, but thank you for reading. Feel free to share with others, and have a wonderful night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underneath all of the Fear

My Wishlist

The "A" Word