Blessed Beyond Belief

Wow it's hard to believe it's been a whole two weeks since I finally got out of the hospital... Here is a little bit of an update.  During my last stay in Children's Mercy I was diagnosed with amplified pain syndrome which in general terms means that my nerves are overactive and misfire when my body is injured.  For example where a normal person would stub their toe and hurt for about 30 seconds then move on someone with amplified pain might get much worse pain that lasts longer.  It is believed that my gastroparesis and eosinophilic gastroenteritis are causing much more pain than they should due to the amplified pain.  For those of you who know what POTS or dysotonomia are this disease encompasses those and has the same characteristics but is a broader term.   Because of the new diagnosis I am now involved in an intense physical therapy and desensitization program to try and retrain my nerves to act normally.  So far there is no change in my ability to eat and I am still in a lot of pain but I'm giving this treatment a month.
On another note God has really been showing me how amazingly blessed I am.  It has been so cool to watch as my hometown rallies together in support for me.  I have had a huge change in perspective.  Before everyone knew of my illness I felt alone.  I felt like if I talked about it noone would really care to know and noone would really understand.  As I've had to start talking about what I've dealt with my entire life I see that people I don't even know really do care.  Just last week $1200 was raised at a taco feed to help my family and I out with all of my medical bills.  When I heard this my mind was literally blown.  I had no idea that these people I've speant my entire life around had it in them to do this.  They may never be able to truly understand what it's like to wake up with pain everyday, put on a brave face, and live in spite of everything but they are trying and they want to hear what I have to say.  It would be so amazing if through this I could begin to educate people.  It's all up to God but it is my hope that this will become something that I can use to glorify Him.  He is teaching me that I am not alone and never was.  There are so many other people out there who live just like me and I'm so happy that I am getting the opportunity to meet them.  This flare up has truly been a blessing in disguise.  I've had my good and my bad years before but I think this is the first really good "bad" year.  *All smiles*     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underneath all of the Fear

My Wishlist

The "A" Word