Life

"Is not life more than food?" Matthew 6:25

This verse really struck a chord in me the other day and it made me wonder.... what is life? What is living? I'll be honest and tell you that I didn't really analyze things beyond that but I would like to now if only for the sake of something to do besides homework. 

Yes, I'll admit that I decided to post right when I realized how much work I still need to do.

Don't judge I'll get there. 

ANYWAY... back to my question. What is life? (to whoever is reading this: it is probably best that you just stop now unless you don't mind senseless rambling... then by all means read on)  I have come to the conclusion that life can mean different things to different people.  As many of you know, I do not eat like a normal person... or when I do I throw it all up. (yummy) Hence why it was this verse that made me wonder and not another. 

I'll explain.  So many people tell me that they would die without food... literally speaking yes, you would.. if you didn't have any other way of receiving nutrients.  (I'm very much alive people!) But let's stop and think for a moment.  Would you really die?  What would you do?  What would your life be?  What is LIFE? 

I already stated that life holds different meanings for different people now let me tell you what it is for me.  Brace yourselves this could get messy... Life is love.  It is what my Almighty God gave me when His one and only son died on the cross for my sin.  Life is the ability to wake up every morning and be in the presence of people who care about me.  Life is what you get when you wake up and feel grateful for what you do have rather than dwindle on what you don't. 

Life is what you make it to be. 

So then, "Is not life more than food?" YES Life is so much more than a meal around the table.  Which, by the way, I still do sit in on some of those and I realize the importance.... but that isn't all there is to it. 

I know, this was a weird post but I hope it made you think a little.  I really need to either start setting up my TPN or finish some more homework now.. I'm almost done just 3 more weeks till graduation!

What is life to you?  Comment and Share if you wish!

Alright goodbye... I'm really leaving now so seriously you don't have to stick around anymore. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underneath all of the Fear

My Wishlist

The "A" Word