Speak Through Me

When I started this blog three years ago I never expected it to turn into what it has. I was, quite honestly, merely looking for a way to let out all of the pent up anger I had lurking inside of me. I was so frustrated with my becoming sicker than I ever imagined I could be, and I wanted to let it go. To put it plainly, I was done.

I chose to start writing because it has always been good therapy for me. It allows me to passionately express my inner most thoughts and intentions in a healthy way. In a sense, writing is, to me, what running is for a runner (shout out to my buddy Noah Camp!). It calms me and allows my soul to rest. It is second nature.

All of that being said, I had certain expectations when I sat down to write my first blog post. As I previously mentioned, I expected to find rest. I expected to lose my bad attitude. I even expected to gain new perspective. However, I did not expect to completely surrender my writing to what God had to say through me.

This blog has become one of my main outlets for ministry. Sure, I make sure that education plays a significant role in all of my posts, but that is definitely not my sole purpose.

My desire has always been to educate people on the ins and outs of living with a chronic illness. Education is key to any amount of research that may be done, and, thus, education could save my life or the life of one of my friends someday. I will never stop trying to show people that I am worth it, but I have to recognize the direction in which God is taking my writing.

God has a plan for me. It is that truth that fuels my desire to accomplish all that I have already accomplished, and it is that truth that will continue to strengthen me as I continue to live the life that I have been granted, which, mind you, can be extremely difficult.

At this point you may be wondering what I am getting at, so I want to take a brief break to assure you that my point is coming. Keep reading and I promise you wont be disappointed.

Anyways, back to the difficulty that life can bring.

Life can be extremely tricky. It has a way of throwing curve balls at any which random moment in time, but God uses those tricky moments to tell a story.

One of my professors recently pointed out one of the points that Paul was making in the book of Romans, and it made a lot of sense to me. Our suffering in this life leads to perseverance, perseverance develops strength, and that characteristic of strength leads to a confident hope of salvation. In other words, God reveals his grace through suffering, and it is suffering that allows us to experience hope in that grace and in the salvation that we receive through Jesus Christ.

Sure, I have been through some pretty difficult experiences, but God is building a testimony that is full of his grace and mercy. He uses my experiences to speak life through me to people who may not otherwise get the opportunity to hear about him.

As I write this, I am beginning to realize just how amazing my God is.

Why? Because he uses what can seem like the worst of situations to magnify his glory. His ways are so much better than our ways, and I am just glad to be a part of this amazing plan that he has for me.

That being said, God has plans for you too. Those plans may not include chronic health issues, a blog, or even a private Christian college, but they are no less magnificent! Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster. To give you a future and a hope."

To me, it is pretty darn awesome to think that God has a plan and a hope for every single person on this earth.  My challenge to you is to let him take control, and let him speak through you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underneath all of the Fear

My Wishlist

The "A" Word