A few Words to Hang on to

I am becoming more and more frustrated as time goes on.  You would think that being in a hospital would make your pain better but it doesn't really work out that way.  After starting my feeds back up last night I woke up extremely ill.  As if the pain weren't bad enough my doctors had a "schedule" made up for me.  I am no longer allowed to nap nor am I allowed to lay in my bed during the day.  Also, I am required to take a walk at least five times a day and meet with a physical therapist.  This is by far the most aggravating stay yet.  I mean no NO NAPS are you serious?!  I can't even make it through a full day of school without napping how is the hospital any different?  It's not!  I am really starting to doubt the intelligence of these people. 
On the bright side I do get to meet several other kids who are dealing with the same types of things that I am.  I am learning so much and am discovering that I am not alone in this.  Even though I can't be at home with all of my friends right now I am beginning to build a support system.  It's really nice to know that I can talk to someone that will understand.  I now have a family of people that won't judge me before they know my story and yes I have been judged before.  Don't be surprised; we all judge even if it's not on purpose.  We speak before we think and don't realize that our words sting.  Why do you think I was quiet about this illness up until I no longer could be?  It's because of nasty and hurtful comments that I would receive when I did talk about it.  You would be surprised at how much the words you're sick all the time can hurt when you know you can't help it.  Not only have I heard that phrase countless times but I've both been called a hypochondriac and asked if I have an eating disorder.  Oh yeah and I've been asked when I was going to get over myself while I was explaining my food allergies to a teacher.  There are a number of comments that I have dealt with over the years and the sad thing is the people who said them can't take back the hurt that they caused.  My advice to you is to stay away from ignorance.  Always be careful with your words.  This may sound cliche but don't judge a book by it's cover because you never know what is going on inside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underneath all of the Fear

My Wishlist

The "A" Word