My Mom Inspires me to Fight

People often ask me how I can stay so positive in living like I do, so today I thought I would share a little bit about what drives me.  I guess it's important to start by making one thing clear.  I have not always been so positive, and I can't say that I won't ever have another negative thought again.  My illness is invisible, and, thus, so are many aspects of my fight.

One of those so called "invisible" aspects to my fight is actually not a what but rather a who. My mama.  

Every morning when I wake up my first order of business is to get my medications together and my elemental formula (aka food) made for the day.  What if I'm in too much pain to get around that day? What if I am running late? What if I'm feeling lazy?  

You guessed it.  Mom is always there to help.  

Every week I have several doctors visits and/or emergencies to attend to.  Do I really have to go to the hospital alone? 

Nope.  You guessed again.. Mom tags along whenever she can.  

Every hospital admission brings unpleasant doctors and nurses who don't listen.  Are they going to walk all over me?  

My mom jumps through hoops to make sure that won't be the case.  

The point is, I could NEVER go through this and be this happy if I were alone in my struggle.  My mom strives to make sure that I fight for my life.  She has pushed me to believe that I can do whatever I set my mind to even when my body is failing me, and it is through her guidance that I have been able to live a life worth having.  

Today is invisible illness awareness day two, and I don't fight my invisible fight alone.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underneath all of the Fear

My Wishlist

The "A" Word